Chickpea Burrito Bowl
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can green chilis
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced
- salsa your favorite
- Prepare rice according to packaging.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, green chilis, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until everything is thoroughly heated through. Then remove from heat.
- Now assemble bowls: start with a base of rice, add a scoop of chickpea mixture, then garnish with cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and a spoonful of salsa - enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!