Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri
- 1 large head cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 shallot
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Cut the cauliflower into “steaks” - remove the leaves from the base (do NOT remove core) of the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower into 4 steaks that are each 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine spices (salt and pepper through garlic powder). Brush each cauliflower steak generously with olive oil, then season evenly with spice mixture.
- Place cauliflower on grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients for the chimichurri and blend until smooth.
- Serve the cauliflower with the chimichurri drizzled on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!