Bell Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 box fettuccine
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 large red bell pepper halved, seeded, and roasted
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Boil a pot of water, and then completely cover the cashews in a bowl with the boiling water. Let soak 1 to 2 hours and then drain fully.
- Prepare noodles according to packing.
- While noodles cook, begin making sauce.
- Combine all ingredients (soaked cashews through nutmeg) in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to sauce pot and gently heat over medium heat - taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Toss in noodles once they’re done and drained, and then serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!