Southwest Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 14.5-oz. can black beans
- 1 4-oz. can green chilis
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can corn drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to packaging.
- In a small pan over medium heat, pour in black beans and green chilis. Season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Once heated through, remove from heat.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat add veggie broth and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until corn is heated through and broth has mostly reduced.
- Once quinoa is ready, build bowls! On a base of quinoa, add a scoop of the black bean mixture, a scoop of corn, a handful of the cherry tomatoes, and a quarter of the sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with your favorite salsa and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro then enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My family which includes two teen boys loved this meal!!! Next time I’m doubling the recipe, because all my men wanted seconds!!!
Hi Phelicia! Leanne will be so happy to hear everyone loved the meal! Keep reviewing those recipes for us. Feedback is ALWAYS welcome. 🙂