Southwest Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 14.5-oz. can black beans
- 1 4-oz. can green chilis
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can corn drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to packaging.
- In a small pan over medium heat, pour in black beans and green chilis. Season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Once heated through, remove from heat.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat add veggie broth and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until corn is heated through and broth has mostly reduced.
- Once quinoa is ready, build bowls! On a base of quinoa, add a scoop of the black bean mixture, a scoop of corn, a handful of the cherry tomatoes, and a quarter of the sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with your favorite salsa and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro then enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!