Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers halved and seeds removed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs oregano removed and chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme removed and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
- 2 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce your favorite
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, toss the peppers with the olive oil, garlic, and season with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then remove but leave oven on.
- While peppers roast, cook the orzo according to packaging. After orzo is drained, combine it with the chickpeas, balsamic vinegar, lemon, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff peppers with mixture, place them back in the baking dish, then fully cover with tomato sauce. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, and then serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!