Tuscany Chicken Skillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown until cooked through - about 5 minutes per side; remove from pan and keep warm. Heat remaining oil in the skillet; add onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, bell pepper and oregano; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and rosemary; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Serve sauce over chicken.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: French-cut green beans sautéed in garlic and olive oil and tossed with grated Parmesan cheese. Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Toss some Angel Hair pasta with the green beans. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 263 Calories; 8g Fat; 41g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!