Satay Style Beef on Brown Rice
- 1 3/4 pounds beef top round trimmed 1-inch thick,
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce divided
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If desired, cook brown rice. Cut round steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips; place in a medium bowl then add 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce; toss to coat. In a small bowl, blend together remaining teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, water, ground ginger and crushed red pepper flakes; set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot; add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink (DO NOT OVERCOOK!). Add peanut sauce mixture and toss to coat meat. Arrange brown rice evenly on dinner plates and top with meat/sauce mixture; sprinkle with chopped cucumber and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of beef. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure teriyaki sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 413 Calories; 13g Fat; 36g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 1035mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!