- 2 medium russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion divided
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 15-oz. can salmon drained and flaked
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Steam potatoes until fork tender; drain and set aside. Coat a large skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat; add all but 1 tablespoon of chopped onion and all of the chopped bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in potatoes, salmon, Creole seasoning and black pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Add green onions, cheese and all but 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley; blend thoroughly. Garnish with remaining onion and parsley and the lemon peel.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Creole seasoning is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 217 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 628mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!