- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use additional olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; blend thoroughly with your very clean hands. Form meatballs to your size preference (I usually pack them to be a couple inches thick) and place on a sheet of wax paper. Place meatballs on grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through, depending on thickness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with gluten-free curry powder, salt and pepper and fluff with a fork). Add steamed baby carrots and green peas on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!