Mexican Crock Cooker Chicken
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa plus additional for serving (use salsa verde for a fun twist!)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 4 ounces low fat Cheddar cheese OR Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a slow cooker, combine broth, salsa and flour; whisk to blend well. Stir in onion then arrange chicken on top, layering as necessary. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Remove chicken to a plate. Ladle slow cooker juices into a blender and puree; return mixture to slow cooker and stir in sour cream. Return chicken to the slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve. Arrange chicken on dinner plates; top with sauce and shredded cheese. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of green onions, green and red bell pepper strips and celery and jicama sticks. Add a big green salad on the side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of sour cream and top with your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and broth are gluten free. Use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 320 Calories; 5g Fat; 52g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 428mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!