Feta and Veggie Pasta
- 1 28-oz. jar pasta sauce your favorite
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine optional
- 12 ounces spaghetti OR Thin Spaghetti pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced Zucchini cut into halves
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 2.25 ounces black olives Kalamata or Greek olives drained, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine pasta sauce and wine (if using); bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions then, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli florets, zucchini and bell pepper to the boiling pasta; drain pasta and vegetables. Spoon sauce over hot pasta and vegetables then sprinkle with olives and cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and cucumber and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce, olives, and wine (if using) are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 407 Calories; 10g Fat; 12g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 854mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!