Chicken Lavished in Summer Salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes diced, Roma
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and minced (add more if you like it really hot)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar optional
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a small bowl or cup, combine salt, paprika, pepper, chili powder and mustard; evenly sprinkle mixture on all sides of chicken. Brush chicken lightly with olive oil; grill for 6 to 9 minutes per side or until cooked through. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients (tomatoes through salt and pepper); briefly pulse 3 to 5 times; serve over grilled chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!