Braised Pork Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a cup, combine seasonings; sprinkle over pork chops. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add pork chops and brown on both sides. Add 3/4 cup of chicken broth; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until chops are fork-tender; remove from skillet and keep warm. In a cup, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into skillet juices and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and braised kale. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free and use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 157 Calories; 5g Fat; 24g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!