Beef and Spinach Stir- Fry
- 1 pound beef chuck roast trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 6 ounces spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the steak across the grain (diagonally) into very thin slices; place in a medium bowl, add cornstarch and toss to coat. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet until almost smoking; add beef and gingerroot and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until beef is no longer pink on the outside; transfer to a plate. Add the onion to the wok or skillet and stir-fry until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until just wilted, about 30 seconds. In a small bowl, combine broth and ketchup; blend well then add to the pan, along with the browned beef; stir-fry until the sauce is heated through and coats the beef and vegetables, 2 to 3 minutes; season to taste with pepper.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and ketchup are gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 200 Calories; 6g Fat; 27g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!