Almond Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- olive oil
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar; stir in water, soy sauce and sesame oil; blend until smooth; set aside. Coat a large wok or skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add broccoli florets and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add soy sauce mixture and almonds; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 2 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free and use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 98 Calories; 4g Fat; 5g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 332mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!