- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 16-oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 11-oz. cans mandarin oranges in water drained
- 2 small red onions thinly sliced
- 18 ounces baby spinach washed and dried
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pecans and cook about 3 minutes till golden. Remove the skillet from heat and using a slotted spoon, transfer the pecans to a plate.
- To the oil in the skillet add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir till the sugar is dissolved. Remove skillet from heat.
- Rinse and drain the beans. Drain the oranges. Thinly slice the onions.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, oranges and onions. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Sprinkle the pecans on top.
Per Serving: 413 Calories; 21g Fat; 15g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 526mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with TexMex Quesadillas (see recipe).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!