Wilted Spinach and White Beans
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 12 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 16-oz. cans white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomato coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, bring the broth and garlic to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or till the garlic is soft.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 2 to 4 minutes till the spinach is wilted.
- Add the beans and tomato. Stir for a minute till heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the olive oil and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 342 Calories; 5g Fat; 25g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 19g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on a bed of brown rice and nice relish tray for the table: broccoli and cauliflower flowerets, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, whatever else you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!