Veggie Supreme Sandwiches
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 8-oz. container chives and onion flavored cream cheese
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 small cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread.
- Arrange lettuce and the rest of the veggies on 6 slices. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and top with remaining 6 bread slices.
Per Serving: 436 Calories; 29g Fat; 10g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 522mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with potato salad, either homemade (see side dish recipes) or from the deli. To boost the nutrition in this sandwich, substitute baby spinach for the lettuce or just add it in.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!