Veggie and Noodle Stir-Fry with Tofu
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound snow peas stringed
- 2 large yellow summer squash cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 one inch piece ginger grated
- 12 ounces firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving one cup of cooking water.
- String the snow peas, cut the squash into 1/4 inch slices, and cut the pepper into 1 inch pieces. Grate the ginger and cut the tofu into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir together the broth, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the vegetables, garlic and ginger; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tofu and cook for 2 more minutes until heated through.
- Give the cornstarch mixture a quick re-stir and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 more minutes until the sauce thickens up and bubbles. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add the vegetable stir fry to the pasta adding some of the reserved cooking water if needed. Toss well.
Per Serving: 393 Calories; 8g Fat; 17g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 1219mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad is all you need with this rich meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!