- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- On a large baking sheet, lay out tortillas. Spoon 1/2 cup of black beans onto each tortilla, mashing lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each tortilla. Top with onion, tomato slices and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Preheat broiler in the oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts. If the house is too hot for that, you could also heat in a skillet over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 503 Calories; 16g Fat; 23g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 947mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with some condiments on the side: chopped cilantro, your favorite salsa, sour cream, and some sliced avocado. Add a big salad and you’ve got dinner!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!