Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- 1 8-oz. package lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 32-oz. jar spaghetti sauce your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound tofu softened
- 1 10-oz, package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Set aside 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine water and sauce; set aside.
- Slightly drain tofu, but do not squeeze out all the water. Place in a blender container and blend until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the smooth tofu and the remaining filling ingredients, mixing well.
- To assemble, spread 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13” baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/2 cup of sauce. Spoon 1/2 the tofu mixture over the noodles next and top with another 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Top with another 1/3 of the noodles. Press them down firmly into filling. Repeat layers, adding 1/2 cup sauce, remaining tofu mixture, 1/2 cup sauce, and remaining noodles. Press noodles down firmly.
- Spoon remaining sauce over noodles making sure noodles are totally covered. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella cheese on top during the last 5 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Per Serving: 503 Calories; 21g Fat; 24g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 973mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big green salad and garlic bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!