- 6 ounces tempeh cubed
- 1 large clove garlic pressed
- 3 14.5-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 1/4 cups brown rice cooked
- 2 1/2 cups low fat cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 6 green bell peppers tops cut off and seeded
- GO AHEAD TIP: Cook rice for tomorrow night’s meal. In a saucepan, steam tempeh 10 minutes. In a bowl, mash the steamed tempeh with the garlic and half the tomatoes.
- Stir in onions, rice, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Stuff peppers with mixture.
- Place peppers in slow cooker. Pour remaining half of tomatoes over peppers.
- Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Top with remaining cheese during the last 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 390 Calories; 5g Fat; 14g Protein; 77g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with sautéed summer squash and zucchini.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!