Tangy Garbanzo Salad
- 3 cups garbanzo beans cooked (or use equivalent of canned. Drain and rinse first)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- In a bowl, combine garbanzo beans and onion. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to beans, mixing well.
- Chill several hours, stirring every once in a while. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
Per Serving: 422 Calories; 11g Fat; 20g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 18g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 30mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with corn muffins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!