- 1 12-oz, bag TVP crumbles
- 1 3/4 cups salsa your favorite jarred variety
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning mix
- 1 15-oz. can Mexican style corn
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans
- 9 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 medium head green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- In a large skillet, brown crumbles and drain. Stir in 1 cup salsa, garlic, seasoning mix, corn and beans. Remove from heat and slightly cool.
- In a large serving bowl, layer half each of tortilla chips, meat mixture, lettuce, cheese and tomato; repeat layers. Serve immediately with remaining salsa and sour cream.
Per Serving: 704 Calories; 27g Fat; 57g Protein; 73g Carbohydrate; 22g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 1555mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with quesadillas—use whole wheat tortillas sandwiched in shredded cheese (I like a blend of jack and cheddar
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!