Succulent Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 1/4 cups pearl barley rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté till soft. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in barley till well coated. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker. Pour barley mixture over sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours till barley and sweet potatoes are tender.
Per Serving: 510 Calories; 9g Fat; 13g Protein; 98g Carbohydrate; 17g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 1236mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve potatoes with Asian coleslaw (see recipe) and a bowl of baby carrots for the table
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!