Stir Fried Rice with Tofu
- 6 green onions diagonally sliced
- 3 red bell peppers seeded, deribbed and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 small carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 16-oz. package frozen peas use baby peas or petite peas for better flavor
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu drained and cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour stir fry sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the green onions, peppers, garlic and carrots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the rice and peas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, till the rice is heated through.
- Add tofu, stir fry sauce, and soy sauce to rice mixture. Stirring gently for about 1 minute, cook till heated through.
Per Serving: 383 Calories; 10g Fat; 16g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1115mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a salad of baby greens and a bowl of baby carrots for the table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!