Savory Summer Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 Vidalia onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3 large zucchinis sliced in circles
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 fresh peach skinned, pitted and chopped into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups brown rice cooked
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and parsley. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables are browned.
- Add mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, tomatos, peach, brown sugar, salt and pepper along with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Cover and let simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Serve over brown rice.
Per Serving: 324 Calories; 9g Fat; 7g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 11mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a black and white bean salad (mix together in a large bowl, a rinsed can of black beans, white beans and toss together with some Italian salad dressing and garnish with chopped green onions).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!