Rigatoni and Broccoli Salad
- 2 bunches broccoli cut into florets; stalks need to be diced
- 4 1/2 cups rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salad dressing (your favorite)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot filled with water, bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl. Rinse under cold water until chilled. Drain completely and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Cook the rigatoni in the boiling water until al dente. Drain in a colander, rinsing with cold water until chilled. Drain again and pat with paper towels to get rid of moisture. Place in the bowl with the broccoli.
- Stir in the tomato, pine nuts, cheese and basil. Pour your favorite dressing on the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving or serve as is.
Per Serving: 486 Calories; 31g Fat; 16g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a nice big relish plate of grape tomatoes, baby carrots, cut up celery, broccoli and cauliflower florets, and an easy dip made with half sour cream, half mayo and horseradish to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!