- 3 cups romaine lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced English cucumber
- 2 cups raspberries reserving 2 tablespoons for dressing
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Blend dressing ingredients in blender. Toss greens and berries with dressing and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 296 Calories; 27g Fat; 1g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 26mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve this pretty salad with open faced melted cheese croissants. Using whole wheat croissants, slice them down the middle, add whatever sliced cheese you have laying around the fridge and broil the croissants till hot and bubbly. Or serve croissants with cold sliced cheese if the weather is too hot and skip the broiling
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!