Peppery Ziti with Fennel
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs discard base and leafy stems and thinly slice
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red bell peppers jarred variety, packed in oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fennel and onion and cook, stirring till fennel is soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for an additional minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Transfer to slow cooker. Add cooked ziti and stir to combine. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours till hot and bubbly. Garnish with red roasted peppers.
Per Serving: 305 Calories; 5g Fat; 12g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 365mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad and some garlic bread will do the trick!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!