Penne in Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the green beans and cauliflower the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, till soft, about 3 minutes. Add the drained tomatoes and cook about 4 minutes till hot.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream, skim milk, Parmesan cheese, and basil till combined. Pour the cream sauce over the penne and toss thoroughly to coat.
Per Serving: 428 Calories; 16g Fat; 14g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 167mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a simple green salad (I like baby greens with this rich dish) and some garlic bread
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!