Orzo with Spinach and Pine Nuts
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups orzo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped, tightly packed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, spread pine nuts and cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add water, orzo, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes or till liquid is absorbed. Stir in spinach, cheese and pine nuts.
Per Serving: 365 Calories; 14g Fat; 14g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 23mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Caprese Salad (alternate layer of sliced tomato, slice mozzarella and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with fresh ground pepper).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!