Oat Burgers Parmigiana
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 28-oz. jar spaghetti sauce your favorite
- GARNISH: Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté till onions start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, flour and spices. Mix well. Add water and cooked onions. Mix well till combined.
- Form 6 patties. Bake on cookie sheet for 25 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce.
- Divide cheese evenly among patties and bake for 5 minutes. Serve by topping each patty with ½ cup hot spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle the top with optional Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Per Serving: 464 Calories; 21g Fat; 17g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 780mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with hot cooked fettucine noodles, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Add some steamed broccoli and a big green salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!