- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook till their liquid begins to be released. Add garlic and parsley and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, spread one fourth of tomato sauce. Cover with 4 noodles, breaking them if need be to fit. Spread with half of the cottage cheese, half the mushroom mixture, and one-third each of the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Repeat. Arrange the last layer of noodles over cheeses. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Per Serving: 427 Calories; 16g Fat; 29g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 45mg Cholesterol; 1333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad and some garlic bread will round this lovely lasagna off nicely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!