Minty Couscous Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/4 cups canned garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/8 cups lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- DO AHEAD TIP: Prepare salad. Chill and serve cold. Mix all ingredients and serve cold.
Per Serving: 548 Calories; 29g Fat; 12g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 299mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: This is a rich salad—serve with a relish tray of grape tomatoes, celery sticks and baby carrots—that’s really all you need.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!