Marinated Tofu with Veggies
- 1 pound firm tofu drained and cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus spears cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1/4 pound snow peas cut in half diagonally
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the drained and cubed tofu, garlic, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- To a large heated skillet, add the tofu and marinade and cook till lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil and add the onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes. Next add the asparagus and snow peas and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and vegetable broth.
- In a measuring cup, blend the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water; add water to make 1/3 cup. Pour cornstarch mixture into the skillet, bring to a boil, and continue to cook until veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle tofu over the top.
Per Serving: 200 Calories; 13g Fat; 8g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big spinach salad and bowl of baby carrots for the table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!