- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups salsa your favorite
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the lentils, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for 1 minute. Add broth, cover and cook for 15 minutes or till lentils are tender.
- Remove the lids and cook about 10 minutes longer, stirring often till the lentils are thickened. Stir in the salsa.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in oven for 5 minutes. Divide the lentil mixture among the tortillas and top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Per Serving: 478 Calories; 21g Fat; 24g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 1135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.
Per Serving: 478 Calories; 21g Fat; 24g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 1135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big green salad and some baby carrots for the table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!