Lemony Lentil Salad
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- DO AHEAD TIP: Cook lentils for tomorrow night’s meal. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil. Add lentils, cheese, bell pepper, cucumber and onion. Toss to coat.
Per Serving: 338 Calories; 17g Fat; 18g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with whole grain rolls, butter and some sautéed spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!