Lemon Pepper Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red bell pepper cored, deseeded, and cut into strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cored, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest see sidebar on zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest and salt and pepper and stir till blended.
- Lower heat to low. Add cooked pasta, milk and cheese. Toss till pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.
Per Serving: 423 Calories; 17g Fat; 17g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 213mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big baby green salad and some corn muffins and honey but
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!