- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper seeded, deribbed and finely diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (white bottoms only)
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- DO AHEAD TIP: Prepare rotini and chill overnight so chilling prepared salad won’t be necessary. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil; toss to mix well.
- Add feta cheese, olives, parsley, thyme, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and lemon juice; toss again.
- Toss pasta with veggie mixture, season with salt and pepper, and serve. Chill before serving if desired.
Per Serving: 436 Calories; 21g Fat; 12g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 607mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates SERVING SUGGESTION: Some garlic bread and a big spinach salad ought to do the trick.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!