“Just Peachy” Tofu
- 1 1/2 pounds tofu firm, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons peach jam
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- DO AHEAD TIP: Press tofu for one hour. Cut tofu into 1 inch thick slices and place between 2 pans for 1 hour to squeeze out the water and squish the tofu. Try placing the tofu on a baking sheet and cover with a second baking sheet. Put something heavy on top and slightly tilt the pans so the water will drain off.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 6 x 10” shallow baking dish. Cut pressed tofu into 1 inch cubes and place in prepared dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over tofu cubes. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Move baking dish closer to broiler element. Turn oven to broil and broil for another 2 to 3 minutes till crisp. Watch it carefully and don’t let it burn.
Per Serving: 253 Calories; 14g Fat; 10g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 295mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice, sautéed bok choy and sugar snap peas sautéed with a little garlic and some soy sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!