Italian Tofu Squares
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu sliced, drained well
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 32-oz. jar spaghetti sauce your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9” square baking dish.
- Slice tofu and drain well between paper towels.
- In a blender container, combine tofu, eggs, cottage cheese, 1 ounce of the Parmesan cheese, onion flakes, flour, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. Blend till smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9” baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs with the remaining Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over top. Dot with butter.
- Bake 35 minutes till set and lightly browned. Cut into squares to serve.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce. Pour over tofu squares.
Per Serving: 429 Calories; 23g Fat; 23g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 237mg Cholesterol; 1330mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a Caesar Salad (see recipe) and whole grain rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!