Hot Crock Conglomerate
- 1/4 cup millet uncooked
- 1/4 cup barley uncooked
- 1/3 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper cored, deseeded, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 16-oz. can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- tabasco sauce to taste, optional
- n a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except reserved juice and tabasco. Add water to reserved tomato liquid to equal 2 1/2 cups. Stir into grain mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir well before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and season with a few drops of Tabasco to taste or skip if you don’t like spicy.
Per Serving: 259 Calories; 2g Fat; 11g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 480mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big spinach salad and some whole grain rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!