Heavenly Pasta and Vegetable
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and diced
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 16-oz. package frozen broccoli cauliflower and carrots
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and frozen vegetables. Break up the tomatoes with a spoon, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Heap the pasta onto a large platter and spoon the tomato vegetable mixture into the center. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 270 Calories; 3g Fat; 11g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a simple caprese salad: sliced ripe tomatoes, layered with fresh basil leaves, sliced mozzarella and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Fresh ground pepper over the top finishes it beautifully.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!