- 12 slices whole wheat bread divided
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits in juice drained
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- Preheat oven to broil.
- On a cookie sheet, place 6 slices of bread. Place under broiler and slightly toast. Place 1 ounce of cheese on each slice.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, green bell pepper and tomato. Divide evenly among the 6 cheesy bread slices.
- Broil till cheese starts to melt. Top with remaining bread and return to broiler. Broil till top slices of bread are toasted.
Per Serving: 280 Calories; 12g Fat; 13g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 474mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Clean Out the Fridge Pasta Salad (Toss together cooked and cooled pasta, chopped veggies—just clean out your crisper—Italian salad dressing, olives, grated cheese and you’re done!).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!