Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 large Portobello Mushrooms stems removed
- Portobellos, like all mushrooms have “gills” on the underside of their enormous cap. Those black gills can get nasty when you’re cooking and put black shmutz on everything they touch. To alleviate this problem, eliminate the gills. Take a small spoon and scoop ‘em out. It’s easy to do and makes your Portobellos picture perfect!
- Preheat outdoor grill, indoor grill or oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, basil, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. Whisk until blended.
- Brush both sides of mushroom with the oil mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On a medium hot grill, cook mushrooms until tender and slightly browned, turning once (about 8-10 minutes). Serve whole or sliced into strips.
Per Serving: 202 Calories; 19g Fat; 3g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve grilled mushrooms on a bun with all the condiments like a hamburger. Add a side of coleslaw (coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, and rice vinegar) and you’re there!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!