- 1 pound ripe tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 2.25-oz. can black olives drained
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 9-oz. packages cheese-filled tortellini refrigerated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (with sun dried tomatoes if you can find it)
- In a serving bowl, combine everything except the pasta and cheese. Cook tortellini according to package directions and drain. Add tortellini to tomato mixture and gently toss. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: 375 Calories; 18g Fat; 15g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 567mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big green salad and pita bread triangles with hummus (purchased or homemade).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!