Crusty Veggie Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 1/2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 3 avocados sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 small red onions sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- In a small bowl, blend together the butter, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Spread some of the butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bread slices, butter side down, for about 3 minutes till crisp and deep brown. Set aside to cool.
- For each sandwich, spread one slice of toast with honey mustard and layer with avocado, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper. Place another slice of toast on top.
- Per Serving: 506 Calories; 36g Fat; 11g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 47mg Cholesterol; 718mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with coleslaw and a big bunch of red grapes on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!