- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Cut crosswise into 8 slices about 1/2 inch thick. Dredge the tofu with the spice mixture, coating completely.
- In a small bowl, mix boiling water, lemon juice, and honey.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook on one side until brown and crusty (about 4-5 minutes); flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add honey mixture to pan and shake to coat tofu. Serve immediately, topped with toasted pine nuts.
Per Serving: 123 Calories; 8g Fat; 7g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 13mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with corn on the cob and sautéed zucchini with diced tomatoes and garlic.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!