Crock Italian Mushrooms
- 2 very large onions chopped
- 3 large bell peppers chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 8-oz. containers mushrooms sliced
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 12 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 6 cups brown rice cooked
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and peppers in oil until soft. Stir in mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms begin to brown. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except rice. Stir well.
- Cover. Cook on low 4 to 6 hours. Serve over bed of brown rice.
Per Serving: 380 Calories; 10g Fat; 9g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 27mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 4 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed broccoli on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!